Important Brainstorming

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by FearlessFrost, Jun 7, 2017.

1. FearlessFrost

FearlessFrost Administrator Administrator

Graphic Design Student
    So I'm looking for some ideas, brainstorming if you will, for things we can do to spice up the server
    NOTE: I am aware that one thing we need is advertising. That is in the works, but I have to redo our branding since it was lost along with my stolen laptop :(

Ideas / Topics for discussion:

- Community Events
    So this is a no-brainer, but I'm wondering what we should do? Streams are questionable because of Bland and I's schedules. Probending is also a planned event, but I'm still waiting on the plugin to be fixed. I would also like to utilize our plug.dj room for plug.dj nights (we play dj roulette while enjoying the server, would include contests maybe for things like the most upvotes on a song).
    Ideas for events that involve the server? Also, I am considering expanding the staff team to include "Support Staff" that would be responsible for things like event management, building, artists, etc. Would anyone be interested in a role for running/helping to run events?

- Arenas
    This is something I want to address, as I understand the importance of having at least a basic arena in place. I have an idea for how I want to go about getting a new arena: A contest. Would anyone be interested in participating in a build contest? Participants could potentially be the pioneers for the Support Staff builders too ;)

- Things to spice up gameplay?

I'd like to stick as close to our original server purpose as possible: community-based bending survival experience
    That being said, what can we do or add to make that more fun? To give it longevity? To make it something people could stream or make series of?

Some of my points of interest:
    - Creative world:
    I'm not sure how interesting creative plots are anymore, but its something to consider. Thoughts?
    - Minigames?: This one I am not too fond of because we would really need a hub server to pull it off successfully, and it would take a lot of time + money for that to happen. Unless someone has a really good/creative idea for how this could be done reasonably with our current setup, I don't really foresee this working.
    - Skyblock: I don't know if anyone still enjoys Skyblock, but it sounds like it could be an interesting venture with bending. Maybe also with some sort of achievement/quest-based reward system. Something like this: https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/askyblock.1220/
    - Some plugins I was looking at for survival:
    Mythic Mobs: https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/mythicmobs.5702/
    It allows me to create custom bosses that can be set to spawn in the survival world, with custom drops and everything.
    MyPet: https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/mypet-premium.17566/
    This plugin would substitute for echopet and would fit the survival theme more. I'll have to figure out how to balance it as a donor perk but it looks really cool.
    More enchantments: https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/crazy-enchantments-new-gkitz.16470/
    Seems kind cool, could also make a cool donor perk.
    City World: https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/cityworld.2250/updates
    This would generate a random "City World" for further exploration and fun. Idk if this is something that would work out, but it's an idea none-the-less.

Any other ideas? Thoughts? Comments? Please feel free to share your input and responses to this post, I am looking for as much input as possible! :)

Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
  2. RWSUS

RWSUS Helper Helper Donator

Council member of the Earth Kingdom
    I'd be happy to be a part of support staff for building and event management. I'm also for the change from echopet to MyPet as long as we figure out the means of use on the server and how the integration would be. As for Skyblock and minigames, in my opinion, we could use such minigames for streams, tournaments, and/or giveaways. Use of a creative world could be implemented in contests, other than that I don't see how it could be paired with bending. I'm happy to come up with a list for users with donor perks when it's time to integrate these plugins. If there is any way I can be of assistance when it comes to this topic I'd be happy to oblige. Overall I'd say these suggestions are a great way to update the server and gathering the community together. Glad you were able to come up with so many ideas and options. If you need any help just let me know via Discord, in game mail and/or replying to this thread. Great Job and Good Luck. =D

3. Agsgm10

Agsgm10 Head Moderator Head Moderator

Alchemist
    For the 1v1 arenas I think it'd be cool to have a building contest to actually build the 1v1 arenas (maybe a fire themed one, water themed one, etc.)
    And as for the plugin that would operate them I think this one looks good:

Duels: https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/duels.20171/

And for the mob arena I think a building contest would work for that one too, just when the winner is decided staff will make any necessary changes to accommodate for the plugin.

FearlessFrost likes this.
  4. RWSUS

I'd be happy to help with the building of any arenas.

5. FearlessFrost

FearlessFrost Administrator Administrator

Graphic Design Student
    So we can't run all of those things though. We'd have to pick between minigames (again, would be hard to execute), skyblock, or creative. We don't have the hardware to do all of those at once. Thoughts on which would be best?

6. RWSUS

I'd say Creative or skyblock because if minigames are hard to communicate then it wouldn't work out well. Sky block with bending would be very interesting to see however I think that it should follow Probending with the fact that a few moves are allowed to be used. Creative I don't think works with bending for the most part but it would be nice to see building contests to determine build/ support staff. Either would work however we would need to figure out the purpose for these gamemodes and how to implement them within the game.

7. __Skye

__Skye Noble Bender

As for the building of a new arena I could help laying out what needs to be in it and how to make it fair for every element.

We could always revisit the movecraft idea that was really popular with everyone and it could really add to the bending experience.

I saw you suggested the mythic mobs plugin and ive come up with some REALLY cool ideas already so that would be a great thing to add.