Important New Staff + NobleBending 2.0!

Discussion in 'News' started by FearlessFrost, Jan 4, 2017.

1. FearlessFrost

FearlessFrost Administrator Administrator

Graphic Design Student
    Hello benders,

Happy (belated) new year! It's the start of a fresh year and I already have so many exciting things to share with you!

To start us off, how about a big welcome for our new staff: Helpers @RWSUS and @Steamboy101, and moderators @Easte, @KiwiParis, and @Slim_Jue!

We're very excited to have them join the NobleBending staff team. Please remember to be patient these next few weeks as our new staff adjust to their positions.

Thats not all though... please congratulate our ever-devoted moderator @Agsgm10 on his promotion to Head Moderator! I'm glad to finally be able to promote him to a position he deserves :D

Now for the next bit of news...

As it is already known, the server hasn't been very active for the past few months. In an effort to change that, I have decided to make some big changes to the server, starting with a map reset and a switch to Towny. This reset will start tomorrow (1/5) at 12 PM PST!

Whaaa, a map reset??!! What about all my stuff??

This time around, no builds will be transferred. We are looking to start fresh... and we have a new custom biomes plugin! That means there will be a new seed, and transferring builds would be more difficult than usual. Bending will also be reset, everyone will get to re-choose their element.

The only data that will remain is jobs levels, enderchests, and badges.

I will be downloading the current map and looking into putting it up for download after the reset.

Why Towny? How do I use that?

Why? As much as Residence has been a core part of our server, it is evident that due to certain bugs and other issues it is not the best for the long term growth of the server. Towny will allow people to really grow and develop their towns and nations in a more efficient and user-friendly manner. You will be able to protect your land and organize members all in the same place, no need for both a claim and a separate clan anymore.

How? Have a look at this tutorial to get an idea of the basics of Towny.

What about my donor perks?

After the reset, please contact me (FearlessFrost) to get your perks back.

One big change to donor perks: Element addons will be no more. In their place, select sub elements will become webstore exclusive. These sub elements are: Metalbending, Bloodbending, Flight, and Combustion bending. If you purchased an element addon (on its own of through a rank) you will receive the equivalent subelement.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask in this thread.

Here's to NobleBending 2.0 ;)

2. Easte

Easte Moderator Moderator Donator

Earth King
    Woohoo!! I'm so excited! Thanks for everything! I also cannot put into words how greatful I am to be recruited as a Moderator. Thank you for accepting me onto the team, @FearlessFrost, and I promise to not let you down. Congratulations to everyone else who was recruited aswell!

Agsgm10 and FearlessFrost like this.
  3. FearlessFrost

FearlessFrost Administrator Administrator

Graphic Design Student
    Update! @Reemer has also joined the ranks of Head Moderator! Excited to have both him and Ag as part of our head staff :D

Easte likes this.
  4. RWSUS

RWSUS Helper Helper Donator

Council member of the Earth Kingdom
    I also hope that I will not let anyone down in the future. Cheers and Good luck

Agsgm10 likes this.
  5. KiwiParis

KiwiParis Moderator Moderator

Water Tribe Chief
    Hope I do well as a moderator and not let NB down! Thanks for accepting me @FearlessFrost Here's to the new Noblebending! :D

Agsgm10 likes this.
  6. Hero

Hero Noble Bender

High School
    This makes me really happy and really sad at the same time since I'm not going to experience it for a long time lol but I'm still around xD